Tuesday 27 September 2022

My media consumption

 


Newspapers

  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read? 
          The daily mail.

  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
         The sports and quiz sections because they are the most fun and entertaining.

  • What sections do you never read, and why?
         The financial and economy section as I don't understand what it is.          

  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
          Stories that are to do with politics and new about movies.

  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
          We don't especially buy newspapers all the time, but when they are available for free, we will pick it up.

  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
        I look at the online version of daily mail from time to time or when I see a headline that really hooks me and                interests me.


Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why/why not?
           I don't buy magazines as I don't have time to read them or buy them.  

  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
        N/a

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
         On average I spend roughly around 3-4 hours a week.
  
  • What device do you use to watch television?
      I use the TV to watch the television.

  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
        I watch TV usually around 17:00 or 20:00.          

  • What programmes do you like best and why? 
        I love crime dramas as they have a hooked story line and leave it in enigma for the audience (us) to find out             and then reveal us the true story. I also enjoy watching documentaries and quiz shows as they are education            and teach things you might have not known before.       

  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
        I watch with my family, and we usually see what is on the TV schedule and watch something according to that.          

  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
       I watch live TV and don't us any other apps or any other technology to watch it on.





Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio?
            Yes, I love to listen to the radio in the car.

  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
           I like listening to BBC Asian network and any other Punjabi/Hindi radio station as I love this type of music.

  • Do you listen to podcasts?
              No
  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
           N/a

  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
           I listen to around 3 and a half hours of radio.

  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
           I listen to the radio usually around 16:00 or 17:00.

  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
           I listen to the radio in the car.

  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
          Sit down and relax.

  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?
          Yes my family also listen to the radio, whenever they have free time.



Film
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
         N/a

  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
          I watch films when they are on the live TV.

  • Who else watched the films with you?
          I watch with my family.

  • Who decided what films to watch?
         We see what is available and we decide together what to watch. 

  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
          I usually use the TV.


Online
  • How often do you access the internet?
         Multiple times a day.

  • Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc.
          I access it at home.

  • What are the main sites that you access?
          School websites, education website, news, YouTube and discord.

  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
         I use the school website to communicate with teachers, education for studying, I use the news and                         YouTube for entertainment and being aware of things happening and discord to communicate with friends.

  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
           Listen to music.

  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
            My primary source for using the internet is my tablet.

  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?

         WhatsApp and discord - so that I can stay in touch and communicate with friends.

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
          Read/ buy magazines and newspapers and watch more movies.
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
          Increase the amount of media I take/use/watch to gain more insight of the media itself.

  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.

           The Financial Times, Twitter and a new TV show.








         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newspaper: Final Index

1) Newspapers: Weekly news stories from Mail Online and The Guardian  2) Newspapers: The decline in print media 3) Newspapers: News Values  ...